Re: [lvs-users] ipvs connections sync and CPU usage

To: Aleksey Chudov <aleksey.chudov@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvs connections sync and CPU usage
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 23:40:56 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012, Aleksey Chudov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think we can start tests at this week. Before start testing I have a
> couple of questions:
> 1. Is new connection sync compatible with the previous version? So, should I
> patch both master and slave nodes or just master?

        You can patch just the master, nothing in the backup
function is changed. By default, the sync_threshold values
have effect because sync_refresh_period defaults to 0. There
are some differences for master, eg. template conns are synced
every time, not once per sysctl_sync_period as before now for
version 1. There are also other changes, for example,
sync_threshold values now work for closing states too,
in case connection is closed one-way only. Sync can be
also sent when connection lifetime is extended on expiration.

> 2. Should I use schedule_timeout_interruptible(HZ/10) to prevent
> SndbufErrors or perform tests with the original values?

        Yes, use HZ/10 until a better solution is found.
I think, this is the next thing to implement.

> Regards,
> Aleksey

Regards

--