Re: [lvs-users] ipvs connections sync and CPU usage

To: Aleksey Chudov <aleksey.chudov@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvs connections sync and CPU usage
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:04:13 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012, Aleksey Chudov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> >> Have you thought about the possibility to distribute sync load on
> >> multiple processors?
> > May be it is possible to use additional netlink parameter to provide the
> desired number of threads.
>
> If it isn't so easy to distribute sync load, is it possible to bind sync
> daemon to a specific CPU?

        May be if we provide the CPU as netlink parameter we can
use kthread_create+kthread_bind(,CPU)+wake_up_process instead of
the kthread_run that is currently used. It does not look hard
to implement, let me know if it is needed after all tests. We
have to add new optional parameter, eg. IPVS_DAEMON_ATTR_SYNC_CPU.
Not sure if you also need to set the smp_affinity mask for eth3 IRQ.

> Tried the following doesn't work
> taskset -c 11 ipvsadm --start-daemon=master --mcast-interface=eth3
> --syncid=1
> taskset -c 23 ipvsadm --start-daemon=backup --mcast-interface=eth3
> --syncid=1

        This can work only for the ipvsadm binary.

> Regards,
> Aleksey

Regards

--