[lvs-users] Persistence When CIP Loses Network

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Persistence When CIP Loses Network
From: Jason Ledford <jledford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 21:41:42 -0500
I must have something setup wrong.  My goal is to load balance microsoft
terminal servers and have clients connect back to the same server within the
timeout period.  This works fine if you log out of the terminal server or x out
of the rdp session, when you reconnect you are directed to the same server, and
if you session was left open you get the same session.  Apparently thats where
my testing stopped.  If you drop the network on the client and reconnect to the
terminal  session, I would expect you to return to the same server, but you
don't.  The client gets the same ip and their hostname hasn't changed.  What is
different about logging out or X out vs losing network?  below is my
ldirectord.cf file.  Let me know what other information you need to offer some
advice.  Beyond this it has been working like a champ for ~2 years and someone
recently brough this to my attention. Thanks for looking.

#global options
checktimeout=20
checkinterval=4
autoreload=yes