Re: [lvs-users] LVS director issue RHEL 5.4

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS director issue RHEL 5.4
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 19:04:19 +0000
Mohamed,

Pulse is a RedHat product and I don't think they support it anymore..
try ldirectord or keepalived

As for the ARP issue:

Solving for Linux – method 1 (using iptables)
You can use iptables (netfilter) on each real server to re-direct
incoming packets destined for the virtual
server IP address. To make this permanent, simply add the command to
an appropriate start-up script such
as /etc/rc.local. If the real server is serving multiple VIPs,  add
additional iptables rules for each VIP.
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d <VIP> -j REDIRECT
e.g.
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d 10.0.0.21 -j REDIRECT
this means redirect any incoming packets destined for 10.0.0.21 (the
virtual server) locally.

Solving for Linux – method 2 (using arp_ignore sysctl values)
This is the preferred method as it supports both IPv4 and IPv6. Each
real server needs the loopback adapter
to be configured with the Virtual Servers IP address. This address
must not respond to ARP requests and the
web server also needs to be configured to respond to this address. To
set this up follow steps 1-3 below.
   Step 1 : re-configure ARP on the real servers   (this step can be
skipped for IPv6 virtual servers)
To do this add the following lines to /etc/sysctl.conf:
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore=1
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore=1
net.ipv4.conf.eth1.arp_ignore=1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce=2
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce=2
net.ipv4.conf.eth1.arp_announce=2
Step 2 : apply these settings
Either reboot the real server or run the following command to apply
these settings:
/sbin/sysctl -p
Step 3 : add the virtual servers' IP address to the loopback adapter
run the following command for each VIP.  To make this permanent,
simply add the command to an
appropriate startup script such as /etc/rc.local.
ip addr add dev lo <IPv4-VIP>/32
for IPv6 addresses use:
ip addr add dev lo <IPv6-VIP>/128
Alternatively,  modify the appropriate interface script to add the
additional IP address(es)

On 6 March 2012 16:58, RADOUANE Mohamed <radouane14@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am new in LVS domain, I tried to configure it in direct routing,
> I followed all steps:
>
> - Configure lvs.cf
> - run pulse process
> - add following commands:
> ipvsadm -A -t 192.168.1.10:8088 -s rr
> ipvsadm -a -t 192.168.1.10:8088 -r 192.168.1.1 -g
> ipvsadm -a -t 192.168.1.10:8088 -r 192.168.1.2 -g
>
> but I found an issue with how to hide the loop-back interface
> of real-servers, can some one help to hid the loop-back interface of the
> real server?
>
> NB: I succeded to configure LVS-NAT, but we need to use LVS-DR to minimize
> the traffic passed by lvs router.
>

> Thanks in advance

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.