[lvs-users] fallback server getting conn. refused

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] fallback server getting conn. refused
From: "L.S. Keijser" <leon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:24:01 +0100
Hi,

On a production server with a HUGE firewall list (thanks, Shorewall!) we
have LVS configured and up & running. All works well, except when all
realservers are down and ldirectord switches to fallback:

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  1.2.3.4:80 wlc
  -> 127.0.0.1:80                 Route   1      0          59
  -> 172.20.1.49:80               Masq    0      0          0

First of all, I remembered that when switching to fallback, the forward
method said 'Local' in the past, and now it displays Route. But okay,
perhaps this is the new syntax.

The problem is that we're getting connection refused messages.
Telnetting on the director to localhost:80 works fine though.

Anyone with some advice?

thanks,

Léon