Re: [lvs-users] the network structure of DR mode ?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] the network structure of DR mode ?
From: "Horst Venzke-Fa Remsnet Ltd" <support@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 16:25:21 +0100 (CET)
Dear Hatt Tom,

> whether  the switch and balance loader is the same machine?

The LB are Never BEEN the  network,(layer 2/3/4 )switch.

Modern BIG comercialy Build  Linux LVS like from loadbalancer.org have an
switch build in the appliance ( great stuff ..) .

To build an Simple selfowned & selfmanaged - this are not an requirement.
my damn Homecluster LB L2/L3  switch here at home has cost 10 eur i.e :-) - ok
you won´t service PRod with that - but it works.

Regulary  with LVS DR ..  LB´s and Realservers been connected to the SAME
Network using the same  network( layer 2/3 )switch(s).
This can be streched across Datacenters over VLAN  & VPN usage.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Horst Venzke ; PGP NET : 1024G/082F2E6D ;  http://www.remsnet.de

Legal Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or
confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. Any review,
dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately