Re: [lvs-users] Glusterfs native nfs port for LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Glusterfs native nfs port for LVS
From: David Coulson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 08:36:15 -0500
On 3/8/14, 8:31 AM, yang feng电话 wrote:
> Tomasz,
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I have three gluster nodes, it seems rpc.statd is random port....
> What I want is to let LVS Loadbalance among those three nodes.
So why not just make it simple and ignore any tcp/udp ports, and make
any connection to your VIP forward to the gluster server on the backend.
Add persistence so connections to different ports from the same client
IP end up on the same gluster server.

With ipvsadm you can use fwm to manage the rules, then use iptables to
set the mark in the mangle table. Not sure how your systems are
configured since you referenced a LVS configuration file, but it is
doable with the base tools.