Re: [lvs-users] HTTP Uploads failing when traffic via CloudFlare

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] HTTP Uploads failing when traffic via CloudFlare
From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 16:58:12 +0530

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.services.general.html#tcpip_idle_timeout

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-Tun.html#setting_mtu_by_route
> > > but that doesn't help either.
> >
> > Okay some info on the MTU thing, I was seeing ICMP frag required
> > messages in tcpdump on director.
> > As per the guide, I changed MTU of outgoing interface on real servers
> > to 1480 and changed MTU of tunnel to 1500. It stopped those messages
> > and now I see lot of packets with F flag possibly indicating that
> > fragmentation works correctly. But uploads still don't work.

> --
> Regards,
>
> Malcolm Turnbull.
>
> Loadbalancer.org Ltd.
> Phone: +44 (0)330 1604540
> http://www.loadbalancer.org/

It's not a normal time out because I'm on a 24 Mbps connection and my
server has 1 Gbit.
When I connect to the real servers directly, it works. I'm trying to upload
a 500 KB image which uploads in a very short time. When uploading via
director, it just stalls indefinitely and then times out.