Re: [lvs-users] LinuxWorld Expo

To: Nick Christopher <nwc@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LinuxWorld Expo
Cc: lvs <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 01:39:04 +0800
Nick Christopher wrote:

> The show was/is very active and clustering is a hot topic. Bummer LVS
> couldn't be  in the .org pavillion.  Turbo Linux guys were VERY
> defensive about lvs and at $1000 for a two realserver "cluster" (quoted
> because two machines is a cluster but at $1000 I'd have hoped for more),
> I can see why.  They charge by real server as opposed to by cluster.

Actually, there was a joint demostration of
LVS/ldirectd/heartbeat/lvs-gui package in the LinuxWorld Expo. Horms
told me:
  "As I wasn't at the show I am still picking up reports of
  what happened but I understand that there was some
  heavy connections/second testing conducted on the 16 web server
  farm that was put together and it made Turbo Linux - in the booth
  opposite - look a little lean."

;-)

Many thanks must go to all the people that make this joint
demostration happen. Thank Horms to keep me informed about the demo
too.

For more information about this joint demostration, have a look at
  http://vergenet.net/linux/ipvs-demo/
  http://ultramonkey.sourceforge.net/

Wensong