Re: [lvs-users] LinuxWorld Expo

To: John Goebel <jgoebel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LinuxWorld Expo
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Aaron McKee <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nick Christopher <nwc@xxxxxxx>, lvs <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Goebel <jgoebel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:26:48 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, John Goebel wrote:

> > anyone know how these numbers were measured.
> >
> > thanks Joe
> >

> ab. Do not take this a bible. I don't remember qouting this number. Let's get
> the machine back and do some tests.

thanks

LVS is lacking for a performance test suite (which I'm working on). I'm
not so much looking for numbers on a machine we may or may not ever
see again, but setup conditions that can be reproduced in any situation
and some understanding of what the likely causes were when the thing ran
out of steam, whether it be sockets, disk I/O, network or whatever.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx