Re: Is this possible?

To: Andrea Di Mento <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Is this possible?
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:54:19 +0800 (CST)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Andrea Di Mento wrote:

> Hi , this is my problem.
> I have a server which provide 8  web domain (http/https) on different
> ip,3 mail domain (pop/smtp) all on the same subnet.
> Now I want to provide a complete failover capability to this server,
> different server,different network, different building. The problem is
> that i have a single ip on the new network so I have to do port
> redirecting.
> On the LVS howto I've read that only NAT can do this but I think would
> be too much slow. Direct routing would be the best but it doesn't
> support port redirecting.
> So, any solution? any suggestion?

How much servers are there behind your LVS/NAT box? If your LVS/NAT box
has two 100Mbps NIC cards, there should be no problem to schedule 10
general servers or more, which depends on the traffic of each server.

If you want to make your LVS/NAT have higher throughput, you could make it
with two 1Gbps NIC cards. ;-)

Wensong