Re: LVS and ssl connections

To: Mihai Petre <mpetre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS and ssl connections
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:47:54 +0800 (CST)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Mihai Petre wrote:

> Guys ,
>
> I understand that a LVS-NAT machine can serve 2 (or more) realservers.
> For a normal www request there is no prob. We have a site that can be
> accesses using ssl (tcp/443) where there is a database query tool on
> it. Now my question :
> I submit a long query on the first server and some easy one on serv 2
> and 3 . For the LVS mechanism these 3 requests will have the same
> weight ?

Since it is done on IP level, the LVS box doesn't know whether a request
is long or short, it treat every request equally. In order to avoid load
imbalance among servers under the highly variable workload, it is good to
use dynamic feedback weight adaption to change the weight of real servers.

> There is some considerations to be made for LVS on port 443 or the
> traffic it's just like an http (with some encrypting on it ) ?

You may set the service persistent.

Wensong