Re: Relax source validation: VS/DR and VS/TUN as def gw

To: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Relax source validation: VS/DR and VS/TUN as def gw
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 06:53:26 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Julian Anastasov wrote:

> > Interestingly, the setup scripts had to be re-run on the 2.2.14 realservers
> > (even though they had not been rebooted) after the director was rebooted
>
>       What do you setup in the real servers that is not running? And
> how the scripts in the real servers affect the Director?

the script on the realservers

1. checks the network by pinging the VIP (which should only be on the
director)

2. checks the network by pinging the DIP

3. installs the VIP locally on lo:0

I can't imagine why this would need to be rerun after rebooting
the director on a 2.2.14 realserver (but not on a 2.0.36 realserver).

The realservers aren't running anything in particular (they probably have
an httpd running but I haven't looked for a while). I was just testing
with telnet.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx