Re: Relax source validation: VS/DR and VS/TUN as def gw

To: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Relax source validation: VS/DR and VS/TUN as def gw
Cc: Stephen Zander <gibreel@xxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Stephen Zander <gibreel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Mar 2000 12:19:58 -0800
    Julian>     There are no fresh changes in the routing code. You
    Julian> can try with other 2.2 kernel and if there are no rejects
    Julian> (HUNK FAILED) everything is OK.

The patch went cleanly over a 2.2.13 kernel and is now up & running in
my lab firewall.

With this patch and the appropriate VIP devices on the real boxen,
VS-DR through a firewall Just Works!  You rock Julian!.

One thing I am idly curious about, though.  'ipchains -M -L' still
reports masquerading links even though I have no masquerading targets
in any ipchains.  Is this just seepage from the VS code?

--
Stephen

"If I claimed I was emporer just cause some moistened bint lobbed a
scimitar at me they'd put me away"