LVS testimonials

To: Drew Streib <ds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS testimonials
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, tcl@xxxxxxxxx, Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Jerry Glomph Black <black@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:34:21 -0800 (PST)
We ran a very simple LVS-DR arrangement with one PII-400 (2.2.14
kernel)directing
about 20,000 HTTP requests/second to a bank of about 20 Web servers answering
with tiny identical dummy responses for a few minutes.   Worked just fine.

Now, at more terrestrial, but quite high real-world loads, the systems run just
fine, for months on end.   (using the weighted-least-connection algorithm,
usually).

We tried virtually all of the commercial load balancers, LVS beats them
all for reliability, cost, manageability, you-name-it.

Jerry Glomph Black
Director, Internet & Technical Operations
RealNetworks
Seattle Washington USA