[Fwd: Re: SSL configuration question]

To: piranha-list@xxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Fwd: Re: SSL configuration question]
From: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:11:04 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: SSL configuration question
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:09:47 -0400
From: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Joseph Mack wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Kaz Morishita wrote:
>

> > I am experimenting with LVS and haven't been able to figure out
> > how to make SSL to work.

As a followup to my previous post...

You didn't mention whether this was an FOS or LVS setup. LVS
should not really have problems with SSL, since it's jsut
another service and has to already be running.

FOS would have some problems, as I pointed out in my previous
post. In reference to FOS, there is one more thing I forgot
to mention that you could do. You could already have the SSL services
running on the 2 nodes, and have piranha run start and stop scripts
that do nothing useful (like copy a file to /dev/null). The only
drawback is that once a failover has occurred, it is not a
setup that will reliably fail back should the original node
come back online.

--

Keith Barrett
Red Hat Inc. HA Team