almost there..

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: almost there..
From: Karl <karl.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:10:43 -0500
Hello all..

I'm looking for a little help.

I'm setting up a simple load-balanced service (one LVS box, three web
servers).  I'm using kernel 2.2.16 w/ the LVS patch applied.  I've kept
the scheduling algorithms as modules for now.  The LVS box is acting as
a firewall, and is correctly routing everything.

My problem is that packets don't seem to be getting forwarded from the
Virtual Server address to the Real servers.  When I try to connect to
the virtual server from the world, ipvsadm registers Inactive sessions
for the real server, but no sessions are ever registered as Active.  No
response ever gets back to the client, and ipchains logging never
detects a packet out-bound to either the Real server or the client
browser.

I'm using direct routing, least connected scheduling and tcp host:port
for my VS address.  I've also tried 'marking' packets w/ ipchains with
the same result I'm seeing using tcp addresses for my Virtual Server.

Any thoughts ?  I know I'm close, but I'm not sure where to go from
here.

Thanks
-karl