Re: almost there..

To: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: almost there..
Cc: Karl <karl.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 06:19:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Horms wrote:

> > I'm using direct routing, least connected scheduling and tcp host:port
> > for my VS address.  I've also tried 'marking' packets w/ ipchains with
> > the same result I'm seeing using tcp addresses for my Virtual Server.

> You may be running into the ARP problem as documented on the web site.
> Also if you are using direct routing then the LVS host should _not_ be in
> the return path (the gateway router) for the real servers.

most likely is that the default route is not the router (or your test
client). For a simple setup like this, try the configure script on the
Documentation page. It attempts to check for arp'ing and default routes
and will pick up these problems

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/configure_lvs-0.6.tar.gz

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx