Re: [Q]Send certain packet to *ALL* real server

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Q]Send certain packet to *ALL* real server
From: Brian Edmonds <bedmonds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Aug 2000 14:05:41 -0700
Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> I'm planning on using NAT for the servers inside the LVS, so they're
>> not even directly accessible.  The latter is the real problem.
> You can't make network connection between the real-servers and the
> master DNS machine without without hosing the LVS setup?

Connections from the DNS servers on the real servers to the master DNS
server is easy.  Sending the NOTIFY from the master (outside the LVS
farm) to the slave DNS servers (inside the LVS farm) is more difficult,
as the hosts are not directly addressable.  I could play games with port
mapping, or burning real IP address to map to the real servers, but I'd
rather not, as I pretty much lose any security advantage of NAT at that
point, and have to go back to my colo provider and get more addresses.

Brian.