Re: [Q]Send certain packet to *ALL* real server

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Q]Send certain packet to *ALL* real server
Cc: Brian Edmonds <bedmonds@xxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:26:58 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Joseph Mack wrote:

> > In addition to the added DNS configuration complexity of doing so (which
> > is minimal), I'm planning on using NAT for the servers inside the LVS,
> > so they're not even directly accessible.  The latter is the real
> > problem.

Why use NAT for this?  Why not use DD with all the machines real IP's on
192.168.1.x addresses and only the VIP real you can set up a cluster so
only the VIP is accessable from the outside world.  The real IP's are non
routable.

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division         Email: matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx
Crocker Communications                     Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710                                 Fax:   (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710                  http://www.crocker.com