Re: How to install ethernet card?

To: Michael <lyxmoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to install ethernet card?
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 09:00:43 +0200
Hi Michael,

Michael wrote:

> so noisy here,

Apologies! I thought his problem would be solved with
two mail exchanges ...

> we are working for LVS  not news group  comp.os.linux.setup

See, that's exactly what I told Eric.
And BTW, if you compare postings to this group one year ago
to now, you'd see that this list used to be a developers list
rather than a c.o.l.*! Since lvs became quite known through
several presentations of its developer and presentation in
various Linux mags, the average percentage of people posting
question without even having read the Howto is growing in the
order of O(N^2). Then there is this whole bunch of people
asking how various GUIs or special script work. This wasn't
either. People would take the good old cmdline in those days
and write their own script. I don't want to complain about or
blame people for it. It's just the normal development of a
mailinglist growing bigger. You can see, that Wensong, Lars,
Julian and all the other frequent contributors to this
project don't post so often anymore because the same trivial
questions (for some of us) have been answered again and
again.

Just my $0.02 --

Yours sincerely,
Roberto Nibali, ratz