Re: How to install ethernet card?

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to install ethernet card?
From: Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 13:05:33 -0500
The Tulip driver had problems in the past, but the most recent .91(some
letter) and above fixes those problems entirely.  We use NetGear 310's
with the standard kernel net driver in every box we sell--except dual
port 1U servers which must have a dual port Intel card--and they work
perfectly.  And fast.

The NetGear driver also works well...but the changes NetGear made to
Donald's driver now appear to be a standard part of Donald's driver.

Just chiming in in defense of darn good network cards (and drivers). ;-)

                                  --
                     Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                 Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances