Re: ideas about kernel masq table syncing ...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ideas about kernel masq table syncing ...
From: Kyle Sparger <ksparger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:14:24 -0400 (EDT)
> No, it's not.  If you have box that either listens to you, or has a
> clever BIOS, then you can easily fill up every PCI slot with a NIC.  But,
> if you pull a $100 gigabyte off the shelf, then you'll start hitting the
> limit at around 4.  It's especially fun when the BIOS tries to share a
> NIC's IRQ with your SCSI adapter's, but that's a story that probably
> doesn't need to be told here. :)

To correct my embarrasingly broken english, in the above response:

No, it's not the whole story.  If you have a box that either listens to
you, or has a clever BIOS, then you can easily fill up every PCI slot
with a NIC, but if you pull a $100 gigabyte motherboard off the shelf....

Thanks,

Kyle Sparger - Senior System Administrator
Dialtone Internet - Extremely Fast Web Systems
(954) 581-0097 - Voice (954) 581-7629 - Fax
ksparger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dialtoneinternet.net