Re: doing both NAT and DR, I need help.

To: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: doing both NAT and DR, I need help.
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:16:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> I have a situation where I'm using DR, but I need to NAT *some*
> traffic.
>
> I have the lvs server setup with real ip's, but all the real servers are
> using internal addresses.  I'm using DR, so the real servers are actually
> using the real ip of my upstream providers router, I'm statically
> assigning the mac address of the router to the real servers.

I don't understand the last two sentences. (I assume the router is the box
connecting your public network to the ISP). But lets put that aside for
the moment.

The VIP is a routable IP, so clients on the internet can send packets to
the LVS. The real-servers will also have the VIP on them, so they can send
replies to the client. The RIPs on the real-servers and the network
connecting the director to the real-servers can be anything you like,
including non-routable IPs (ie 192.168.x.x).

Can you explain your problem again saying why this framework won't work
in your case.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx