Re: very strange lvs behavior

To: Raj Dutt <raj.l@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: very strange lvs behavior
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:40:29 -0400
Raj Dutt wrote:

> I may be missing something obvious, but we had an incident this morning which
> seemed extremely strange.

It does.

> Basically, we have a NAT lvs cluster with 2 different clusters on it, both
> web,
> both of them having 3 real servers that traffic is distributed to. Things have
> been running great.
>
> This morning, I rebooted one of the real servers that belong to the first
> cluster.
>
> Suddenly, all of lvs died.
>
> The logs tell me that "nanny process on RealServer3/Cluster1 died, shutting
> down
> lvs".
>
> Does this make any sense to anyone? Why would cleanly rebooting one of the
> realservers cause all of lvs to shut down.

I have never heard of this before, and can't think of how it's even possible.
It sounds like nanny logic used in FOS setups got triggered in your LVS setup.
This should not be happening. Were there any recent changes to your config
file? What version of piranha are you using?

Also, can you log thin in http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/
so we have a record? I'd like to look into this.

Thanks

--

Keith Barrett
Red Hat Inc. HA Team