Re: Files System for Clusters

To: mack.joseph@xxxxxxx, jsc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Files System for Clusters
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Lorn Kay" <lorn_kay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:10:21 GMT

I?d rather find a software solution that leverages the existing cluster hardware (ie, the inexpensive disk drives I?ve already got connected to the real servers) instead of purchasing a network appliance, or locally attaching devices to all the nodes in the cluster.

How does Ultra Monkey solve the cluster file system problem? (I guess Piranha?s solution is not out yet?)

Someone on this list said CODA is not ready for prime time? Can you share your experience why? The CODA web page says, ?Perhaps Coda can become a popular, widely used and freely available distributed file system.? That sounds good.

-K