Re: NAT

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: NAT
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 06:37:11 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Matthias Weimann wrote:

> Ok: the next setup question.
> What are the virtual interfaces on the director for ?

it's the publically advertised IP for the LVS

> In the easiest way, one client, director, one real server all in the same
> network I think I only need one interface. I make the default route on the
> real server to the director and on the director I only need the tow lines
> ipvsadm -A -t 10.10.10.31:80 rr
> ipvsadm -a -t 10.10.10.31:80 -R 10.10.10.21:80 -m
> the client is 10.10.10.30

yes

> what is with the masquarading on the director.

I don't understand this question.

 I`ve tried with and without
> but it won`t work. I´ve turned off icmp redirects like in the how to 11.6
> but it wont work. the director is counting the InActConn but the client
> won`t get the page.

We've only just figured outhow to setup a VS-NAT LVS on one net.
The documentation will be in the next version of the HOWTO.
You could look on the mailing list archives
for discussion on "one net VS-NAT"

the text that will be in the next HOWTO is at

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=97985044222531&w=2

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx