Re: Newbie: LVS-DR on 2.4.3

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Newbie: LVS-DR on 2.4.3
Cc: scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:26:51 -0400
Scott Jones wrote:

> Hi Everybody,

> To get the rc.lvs_dr script to run without "fatal" errors on the director
> box, I had to install fping and ntp.

the ntp problem is a bug. I'll fix it. It's giving a failure message because it
can't find the ntpd executable. I'll change this to a Notice. In the
meantime, you can ignore the error message. You'll just have to
execute the rc.lvs file by hand on the director and real-servers.

> Warning:
> You are moving the VIP from one device
> (presumably from a previous LVS installation),
> to a different ethernet device.

I tried it here with an extra NIC in one of the real-servers in a 2 real-server
LVS and it works, I get round robin betwee the two real-servers and the extra
NIC shows up in ifconfig -a and in netstat -rn.

Maybe I am as good as Julian ;-)

You do have your NIC for SERVER_VIP_DEVICE unconfigured? The script configures
it for you. The warning looks like you've configured the VIP on the NIC already
or you're rerunning the script (which you should be able to do).
When I do this with a preconfigured extra NIC, or the VIP on lo:xxx I get
problems too. Let me look at it. The script works the first time anyhow ;-)