Re: Newbie: LVS-DR on 2.4.3

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Newbie: LVS-DR on 2.4.3
Cc: scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:40:05 -0400
Scott Jones wrote:
> The extra NICs
> seemed like the easiest suggestion for getting around the ARP problem (and I
> had 2 spares!), so that's what I chose to try that first... :)

it was a reasonable thing to do. I've just stuck an extra card into a
real-server
and am recompiling its kernel. I'll let you know what transpires.

> Here is my lvs_dr.conf that I was using; I think that I've set it up
> correctly.  (I've defined lvs, director-inside, app1, app2, and gateway in
> my /etc/hosts file).

all looks fine

> BTW, I checked my ping, and indeed, I can do ping -c 1 -- the configure
> script seemed to run beyond the "ping" section, but then at the end it
> reported a fatal error...

can you send me the output of running rc.lvs_dr where you get this ping problem

$rc.lvs_dr >rc.lvs_dr.out 2>&1

and the output from running it in debug mode

$sh -x rc.lvs_dr >rc.lvs_dr.sh-x.out 2>&1

send them to me off-line ie mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx
as attachments.

I'll see if I can figure what happened

> Will I need $router_forwards to be defined at all?

no. You'll get a warning saying that a test can't be done.