Re: Newbie: LVS-DR on 2.4.3

To: "LVS Users" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Newbie: LVS-DR on 2.4.3
From: "Scott Jones" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:28:09 -0700
Thanks, Joe.  :)  I really appreciate the help!

I'm recompiling my real server kernel as I type, and I'm hoping that I'll be
able to get things going when I set up my VIP on lo:0.  The extra NICs
seemed like the easiest suggestion for getting around the ARP problem (and I
had 2 spares!), so that's what I chose to try that first... :)

Here is my lvs_dr.conf that I was using; I think that I've set it up
correctly.  (I've defined lvs, director-inside, app1, app2, and gateway in
my /etc/hosts file).

192.168.1.99 lvs
192.168.1.101 director-inside
192.168.1.1 gateway
192.168.1.102 app1
192.168.1.103 app2

#----------lvs_dr.conf----------------------------------------
LVSCONF_FORMAT=1.0
LVS_TYPE=VS_DR
INITIAL_STATE=on
CLEAR_IPVS_TABLES=yes
VIP=eth0:0 lvs 255.255.255.255 lvs
DIRECTOR_INSIDEIP=eth0 director-inside 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
192.168.1.255
#no default gw for director with VS-DR or VS-Tun
#DIRECTOR_GW=
SERVICE=t telnet rr app1 app2
SERVICE=t http rr app1 app2
SERVER_VIP_DEVICE=eth2
SERVER_NET_DEVICE=eth0
SERVER_GW=gateway

BTW, I checked my ping, and indeed, I can do ping -c 1 -- the configure
script seemed to run beyond the "ping" section, but then at the end it
reported a fatal error... However, when I ran ipvsadm afterwards, it had
added all of the services that I'd wanted in there, so it didn't *really*
seem like it had failed...

Will I need $router_forwards to be defined at all?

Thanks again, I'll write again when I get the my newly compiled kernels
going...  :)

-Scott