RE: strange issues..

To: 'Julian Anastasov' <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: strange issues..
Cc: "''lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' '" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:18:36 -0700
Excellent!!!

It was probably one of a few things that you mentioned..

1.) ipchains rules order - REDIRECT appeared below an input ACCEPT
statement.
2.) rp_filter was on
3.) firewalls were DENY .. unfortunately I somehow neglected to embark on
firewall settings before applying to a QA production setup.  talk about a
grave mistake!

Might want to revamp some of the documentation to stress those points.  Then
again, I didn't use the configure script and perhaps it is already in there?

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/VS-DRouting.html is one document that
could use an update.  I'm sure the howto has a few places :)

thanks, gracias, have a good day.

Peter