Re: Syncing servers

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Syncing servers
From: "Don Hinshaw" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:00:48 -0000
jik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

> > We use a common NFS share on a RAID array. In our particular setup, users
> > connect to a "staging" server and make changes to the content on the
RAID. As
> > soon as they do this, the real-servers are immediately serving the changed
> > content. The staging server will accept FTP uploads from authenticated
users,
> > but none of the real-servers will accept any FTP uploads. No content is
kept
> > locally on the real-servers so they never need be synced, except for
config
> > changes like adding a new vhost to Apache.
>
> If you put the conf directory on the NFS mount along with htdocs then
> you only need to edit one file, then ssh to each server and "apachectl
> graceful"

Um, no. We're serving a lot of:
<VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
and the IP is different for each machine. In fact the conf files for all the
real-servers are stored in an NFS mounted dir. We have a script that manages
the separate configs for each real-server.

-=dwh=-

http://www.OpenRecording.com For musicians by musicians.
Now with free Web-Based email too!