[ANNOUNCE] PFARS Project on SourceForge

To: Linux Virtual Server <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] PFARS Project on SourceForge
From: Paul Baker <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:20:30 -0500
I have just finished commiting the latest revisions to the PFARS project CVS up on SourceForge. PFARS prounced 'farce' is the "PFARS For Automatic Replication System."

PFARS is currently used to handle server replication for Where2GetIt.com's LVS cluster. It has been in the production environment for over 2 months so we are pretty confident with the code stability. We decided to open source this program under the GPL to give back to the community that provided us with so many other great FREE tools that we could not run our business without (especially LVS). It is written in Perl and uses rsync over SSH to replicate server file systems. It also natively supports Debian Package replication.

Although the current version number is 0.8.1 it's not quite ready for release yet. It is seriously lacking in documentation and there is no installation procedure yet. Also in the future we would like add support for RPM based linux distros, many more replication stages, and support for restarting server processes when certain files are updated. If anyone would like to contribute to this project in any way do not be afraid to email me directly our join the development mailing list at pfars-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please visit the project page at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pfars/ and check it out. You will need to check it out from CVS as there are no files released yet. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Paul J. Baker                                Internet Systems Developer
pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Where2GetIt.com
phone 847-498-0111x234
fax   847-480-7422