RE: Direct Routing from behind a firewall?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Direct Routing from behind a firewall?
From: "Zachariah Mully" <zmully@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:26:32 -0400
        Why would you need to map public IP's to the RS's if the replies are
coming back to the VIP? The only reason you would need the RIP's mapped
to PIP's would be for maintenance (then you'd probably be better off
allowing external access to one box in the cluster from which you can
hit the rest).
        My LVS-DR works fine without RS's having public IP's. There's no need
for them.