Re: Question about default gateway

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Question about default gateway
From: Draschl Clemens <clemens.draschl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:56:48 +0200
hi

i solved the problem by just adding an ipchain-rule:

ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -p udp/tcp -s 192.168.10.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0
53

you can modify the 0.0.... part to point to a specific dns. important is
then the netmask /32, not /0. but port 53 for dns. start with porotocol
udp, which works most of the time. tcp is used for larger packets, so
you'll have to add these two protocols. of course, a nameserver must be
specified on the internal servers  .. ;-)
but be carefull. running the rc.lvs_nat script flushes all the ipchains!

clemens