Re: revserse lvs?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: revserse lvs?
From: Brent Cook <busterb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:20:01 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, James O'Kane wrote:

> I'm not sure if LVS can do this, but I was presented with a problem, where
> our office will be away on a planning retreat, but they will still want
> internet access. I'm wondering if I could setup lvs to do load balancing
> over 4 modem lines? It will be LVS-NAT of course, but can you set things
> up so that you have a 0.0.0.0/0 address and send that to the machine at
> the other end of a ppp connection? I'm still thinking out the idea, but
> I'm curious if anyone knows a reason why this will not work at all.
>
> -james

Hi James,

  I think that you're barking up the wrong tree. It sounds as if you want
a machine to bind 4 ppp connections together, and then run regular NAT out
to your other machines. You should look at the Modem and Masquerading
howtos for info on this, specifically here:

http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Modem-HOWTO-16.html

 - Brent