Re: lvs_dr and solaris

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lvs_dr and solaris
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:54:41 +0200
Hello,

> Well I just looked into it.  iPlanet makes no mention of a KeepAlive in
> their setup manual.  Apparently iPlanet knows about snca and you can

For me it seems to be in magnus.conf according to the manual.

> configure a listener for nca by putting a family="nca" line in its
> config file.  Unfortunately after I put that line in the config file the
> web server fails to start with this:
>
> iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 B08/20/2001 00:58
> startup failure: could not bind to port 80 (Protocol not supported)

So, this happens after you do the steps mentioned at the website under
"Using the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator (SNCA)"? If you're
really interested in solving this problem you should use truss the
iPlanet start and check the output for the socket and bind calls. I
reckon the problem is that either it's a configuration error on your
side or the iPlanet parser is broken, because port 80 has no correlation
to a specific protocol. Or the error message is simply bogus :)
If you truss the startup to the bind call you will get a E_something.
Call the manpage of bind and find out what it really is.

> So something is broken somewhere, which isn't all that surprising, i
> guess.

;), no, not from what I've already heard about this webserver suite.

> If you're really interested in iPlanet's setup guide for SNCA, you can
> follow this link and scroll down a little:
> http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/50/tuning/contents.htm#18185

Thanks, although the documentation is somewhat sparse and non-technical.
Do you have any servlets running that should interact with this iPlanet
server? This could also be the reason for the error message above, according
to the FAQ.

[...]
> conn_status                   (read only)
> conn_status_all               (read only)

Thanks.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc