Re: lvs_dr and solaris

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lvs_dr and solaris
From: Andy Wettstein <awettstein@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:50:54 -0500
> So, this happens after you do the steps mentioned at the website under
> "Using the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator (SNCA)"? If you're
> really interested in solving this problem you should use truss the
> iPlanet start and check the output for the socket and bind calls. I
> reckon the problem is that either it's a configuration error on your
> side or the iPlanet parser is broken, because port 80 has no correlation
> to a specific protocol. Or the error message is simply bogus :)
> If you truss the startup to the bind call you will get a E_something.
> Call the manpage of bind and find out what it really is.

Yeah, I followed those directions.  I'm not too worried about fixing it,
though.  I don't think the performance increase is going to be that
great.  We do a lot of dynamic content which I don't think can or should
be cached all that well.

The lack of documentation, or lack of a centralized place for
documentation, especially user's documentation is the biggest problem
with iplanet's stuff and things specific to solaris.  It's really
amazing how much better documented everything in Linux is.

anyway thanks for all of your help.