Re: Limiting number of users accessing Real Servers via LVS configured i

To: Wenzhuo Zhang <wenzhuo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Limiting number of users accessing Real Servers via LVS configured inNAT mode
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:20:22 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Wenzhuo Zhang wrote:

> Speaking of the ingress policer, is anybody actually using it for
> anti-DoS. I tried it several days ago using the script in the iproute2
> package: iproute2/examples/SYN-DoS.rate.limit. It didn't work for me.
> I've tested it against different 2.2 kernels (2.2.19-7.0.8(redhat
> kernel), 2.2.19, 2.2.20preX, with all QoS related functions either
> compiled into the kernel or as modules) and different versions of
> iproute2. In all cases, tc fails to install the ingress qdisc policer:
>
>     root@panda:~# tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress
>     RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory

        You need the ds-8 package for 2.2:

http://diffserv.sourceforge.net/

        Compile tc by setting TC_CONFIG_DIFFSERV=y in Config

        The right command is:

        tc qdisc add dev eth0 ingress

        For 2.4 ingress is in the kernel but it is still unusable for
more than one device (look in linux-netdev for reference).

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>