Re: Limiting number of users accessing Real Servers via LVS configuredi

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Limiting number of users accessing Real Servers via LVS configuredinNAT mode
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:16:16 +0200
Hi,

Just some comments ...

> >     root@panda:~# tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress
> >     RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory
>
>         You need the ds-8 package for 2.2:

You can also get the `RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory`
error message on a stock 2.4.10 kernel with iproute2-ss09* package.

As I was blindly following the error message and totally overreading
the fact that he mentioned 2.2.x kernel 4 times in his email I thought
he hit the same problem I had with the parsing bug. Sorry for the
confusion, Wenzhuo.

> http://diffserv.sourceforge.net/
>
>         Compile tc by setting TC_CONFIG_DIFFSERV=y in Config
>
>         The right command is:
>
>         tc qdisc add dev eth0 ingress

The 2.2.x version is not supported anymore and I think in the adv.
routing documentation people even mention to only use the 2.4.x
version.

>         For 2.4 ingress is in the kernel but it is still unusable for
> more than one device (look in linux-netdev for reference).

Which is kinda sad :(

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc