Re: Configuration for LVS-DR

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Configuration for LVS-DR
From: "Victor" <victord@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:13:45 -0500
> Victor wrote:
>
> > $ ifconfig lo0:110 inet 10.0.0.110 netmask 255.255.255.255 -arp up
> > $ ifconfig -a
>
> Looks OK.
> the script hasn't been tested on a sun box for a while. It may need some
tweaking.
> The script should do this for you.
>

> > lo0: flags=849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 8232
> >      inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
> > lo0:110: flags=8c9<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,NOARP,MULTICAST> mtu 8232
> >      inet 10.0.0.110 netmask ffffffff
> > hme0: flags=863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
> >      inet 10.0.0.100 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.0.0.255

> have you configured the default gw for the realserver?
>

> > the example as best I could (as I only have three boxes in this test). I
> > enabled ip_forwarding on the director.
>
> the script will handle this.
>
> Director has no arp hiding (at least
> > I didn't add anything, so if 2.4.12 has it or the IPVS patch had it,
then it
> > does. if not, then it doesn't). I don't think it is needed on a
director,
> > but I am posting just to make sure. Client can ping both server using
DIP
> > and RIP. Client can ping VIP (and hits Director).
>
> OK
>
> > director. Basically, I ran the output conf script produced from above
input.

> were there any errors?

no

> > > run another set of commands with the info for that group on top
> > > of the first set of commands
>
> > Oh, so I would make a bunch of these rc.lvs_dr scripts for each pool?
>
> look at CLEAR_IPVS_TABLES first

Well, thank you very much for your help. I did get it to work. I used the
ipvsadm command to just set up a simple setup without anything else. Just
two commands did it:

ipvsadm -A -t 10.0.0.110:80 -s rr
ipvsadm -a -t 10.0.0.110:80 -r 10.0.0.100:80 -g

I will be going to a "Keepalived" or "UltraMonkey" or "Piranha" for the rest
of the setup so I am not sure that I need the script. However I wanted to
thank you for helping me out to get straight LVS to work. I now have both
keepalived and piranha running (probably will try ldirectord as well). (not
at the same time, ofcourse, I just got each running individually and trying
to decide which I like more).

Do you have any thoughts about these products (keepalived, piranha,
ldirectord with heartbeat)? Keepalived seems to be very intuitive.