Re: Configuration for LVS-DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Configuration for LVS-DR
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 06:56:40 -0500
> I will be going to a "Keepalived" or "UltraMonkey" or "Piranha" for the rest
> of the setup so I am not sure that I need the script.

fine, the script is mainly for reconfiguring different LVS's quickly and
secondarily
for people who don't really know what they're doing, so it does a lot of checks
on the network etc.

> Do you have any thoughts about these products (keepalived, piranha,
> ldirectord with heartbeat)?

there's a lot of functional duplication here unfortunately. It would
have been better if people sat down and planned it before hand and only
wrote one piece of software, but it didn't happen that way. Of course
people have had new ideas along the line, so all of these are a little
different. Pick one...

> Keepalived seems to be very intuitive.

I'm sure Alexandre will be pleased to hear this.