Re: Multiple Link Load Balancing question

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Multiple Link Load Balancing question
From: "Tin" <maillist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 04:27:27 +0800
Thanks for reply Julian

Can I teach the route box the packet goes which interface using which
default route? (set default route per interface)

example X request -> A interface , A interface using A default route
response  to X

Y request -> B interface , B interface using B default route response to Y

A&B interface in same box

May I know how to set ?
Thank you very much

Regards
Tin

Hello,

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Tin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have two link connect to two different ISP , I want to load balancing
this
> two link for my web server , may i know how to set up?

If you want to use LVS then this is possible only with
Linux 2.2 by using patches:

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/#routes

You need to apply by hand 5-6 patches. There are patches for LVS
to use this advanced routing. Read dgd-usage.txt and dgd.txt.
For 2.4 there is an example how to use this extended routing
but only for balancing of outgoing traffic. LVS for 2.4 is
not able to use these features (yet) and you can't use multiple
gateways for (web) server traffic. But for outgoing (client) traffic
you can read this doc (from the same place): nano.txt. You can
see what is the correct way to use multipath routes.

> I tried
> ip route add equalize default \
> nexthop via 1.1.1.1 dev eth0 weight 2
> nexthop via 2.2.2.2 dev eth1 weight 1

Looking into the addresses it seems these settings
are not so valid. First of all, equalize does not exist in the
kernel, second it is not suitable when different ISPs are used.

> It seen respond problem
>

> Thank you very much
> Tin

Regards