Re: clustering difference between lvs and mosix

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: clustering difference between lvs and mosix
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:43:24 +0100
Hi,

Joseph R. Hoot wrote:
So LVS is basically and advanced way of doing DNS round robin stuff--
similar to Cisco's LocalDirector?

[ LOL :) -> Joe Mack, can you add this statement to the Howto? It's really cool, I like it!]

Yes, and I would even dare to say in a very advanced way. BTW, also Cisco's LocalDirector can do a lot more than DNS round robin. But you get the idea. A load balancer as is does not only load balance DNS (udp/53) requests but basically all UDP and TCP related protocols but as you see, on a network level. And I believe you seek for application level load balancing/sharing. Since I'm nosy I still like to know what you would want to balance, if you don't mind.

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz