Re: No stats problem

To: Mike Zimmerman <tarmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: No stats problem
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:52:23 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Mike Zimmerman wrote:

> Evening folks,
>
> I'm running a Tunnel LVS system that is currently not showing any form of
> stats, with the execption of data rate.
>
> This cluster is serving about 5 connections per second currently, so I know
> that there is data to display. The files in /proc are empty of any
> information, though randomly (and rarely) it will provide information.

        What do you mean with "randomly" :) May be the rates?

> This is on a 2.4.17 kernel running 0.9.10. This problem was also evident in
> 0.9.9. 0.9.8 didn't seem to have this problem.

        I don't see changes between 0.9.8 and 0.9.9 that can
cause such problem. IIRC, the bigest changes related to stats
and rates were in 0.9.4:

- vs/rs stats were moved to getsockopt

- only common stats and rates are printed in /proc/net/ip_vs_stats

        Now may be you can parse output from:

ipvsadm -Ln --stats

ipvsadm -Ln --rate

        or to code a user-space tool to use libipvs, included in
the IPVS tarball and used from ipvsadm.

> Thanks for any help,
>
> Mike

Regards