Re: Help -- confirm correct LVS-NAT packet stream?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Help -- confirm correct LVS-NAT packet stream?
From: "Mike Brannigan" <goombah@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:16:15 -0800
Julian,

Thanks again for this -- the delay is now down to 4.5seconds per connect,
after I cleaned up the DNS stuff.  The only challenge I seem to have left
involves packets looking like this:

19:18:52.050236 192.168.0.1.netbios-ns > lvs.monkey.com.netbios-ns:
>>> NBT UDP PACKET(137): QUERY; REQUEST; BROADCAST
TrnID=0xB303
OpCode=0
NmFlags=0x1
Rcode=0
QueryCount=1
AnswerCount=0
AuthorityCount=0
AddressRecCount=0
QuestionRecords:
Name=*               NameType=0x00 (Workstation)
QuestionType=

19:18:52.050364 lvs.monkey.com > 192.168.0.1: icmp: lvs.monkey.com udp port
netbios-ns unreachable [tos 0xc0]

192.168.0.1 is the client machine, lvs.monkey.com is the director. The
client sends off 3 of these packets (at ~1.5s delay apiece) -- is this an
issue with the app itself (MSSQL), or is this a networking situation
involving windows netbios broadcasts? (or other?)

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Best,

 - Mike