lvs server crash?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: lvs server crash?
From: "Martin Bringe" <mb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:37:09 +0200
Hi,

we running linux debian 2.2 woody, Kernel 2.4.5, ipvs 0.8 für Kernel 2.4.
There is some trouble at this moment, the lb crashes after a few days with
an unattended reboot. There's no info in any log why system reboots.
Has anyone experience with lb with many ip-addresses and many entries in the
wrr-list?

Q1: How can we determine the right size of connection table (actual: 2^^12)
( Apr 16 07:43:38 lb1 kernel: IPVS: Connection hash table configured
(size=4096, memory=32Kbytes))
Q2: Is there a limit, how many rules in the wrr table can be used=
Q3: Is there a limit, how many VIP-IPs and RS-IPs can be used?

b.t.w. We use lvs since 2 Years in many lbs an didn't have any problems like
above!

thanks for hints
Martin Bringe

----------------------------------