Re: mysql lvs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mysql lvs
From: Peter Liska <pliska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:15:31 -0400
If you're looking for MySQL data replication (having 2 or more MySQL machines with exactly the same data), LVS is probably not the way to go.

MySQL 3.23.15 and later has built-in replication support that works very reliably. Here's a article describing how to set it up:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tanoviceanu20000912.php3

or here for more details (but still readable):

http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/e/Replication.html

Couple the replication with a FOS cluster, and you've got HA database service.

Hope that helps,
Peter Liska

BrianJackson wrote:
I was wondering if it is possible to route all traffic to 2 servers running mysql and that way all the traffic would hit bith mysql servers and hopefully they would both then contain the same data at all times. I think it would have to be NAT setup and only the acks and other connection traffic would go back through from one of the mysql servers. If this is just crazy talk let me know but please be kind enough to let me know why. I am really interested in setting up some kind of mysql lvs.