RE: mysql lvs

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: mysql lvs
From: "Harry Yen" <harry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:14:32 -0700
The data won't be identical for a number of reasons:
- it's not possible to guarantee that both sides to see identical
packets especially over longer horizon spanning hardware and software
failures
- even if both sides see the same traffic after retrasmission for a
shorter period, the order of arrival may change the operation, e.g. if
you use NAT with the port number assigned sequentially wrt the order of
arrival.
- arp issues

Regards,

Harry