Re: Help with Solaris Real Servers and DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Help with Solaris Real Servers and DR
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:55:58 +0200
Hi,

> Having a second card has one major benefit.  Failover.
>
> If the first card dies, I have keepalived watching waiting with a script.

Oh, keepalived is already ported to Solaris?

> In this case the second card gets reset to having the RIP on hme1 and VIP
> on l1:1.  As well, we have seen lo:1 arp out somehow (really weird) on
> hme0 which of course caused chaos at the routers and the directors.

Sure.

> That's where paranoia kicks in, and having the card for failover anyways
> makes it an 'attractive' solution.  Note that no arps have occured on hme1
> - VIP setup.

Look, if you would have mentioned that little part about failover,
I wouldn't even have dared to reply to your first post. Try to be a
little more specific for nitpicking people like me, please. :)

Anyway, hope to see you at OLS in 2 weeks. I'm staying in Fort-Erie
for a few days too, in case you're around there at that time.

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc